Thursday, February 15, 2007

don't call me at work then!

Everyday my desk phone rings at 3:36, the exact moment my mother gets home from work. She asks 'what are you doing" - uh - you called me at work - I'm WORKING!! She goes on to mindless chit-chat about what happened during her day. Boss stops by my desk & wants something, pertaining to - you guessed it - Work! Tell mom I can't talk now - she gets PO'ed & her feeling hurt & says she never gets to hold a conversation with me. Sorry - I work full time, I have a 4 year old boy, a husband, I live in a FEMA trailer while I try to do some repairs on our house in the dark (because it is dark when I get hime from work!). Don't forget cooking, cleaning & laundry. Sorry I don't have time to chat on the phone for an hour at a time.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Is there a time that she is sleeping when you can call her? At the same time every day? Because, you know, you never really get to have a full conversation with your mom. How about waking up about 15 minutes before everyone in the house? Before WORK?

Heh!

ShannonK said...

LOL. That wouldn't work for me, my mom is up even before SAM! And that is hard to do!

Anonymous said...

I used to have that problem. Then we got phones in the office with caller ID. Problem solved.