Friday, October 27, 2006

Family issues and forgiveness

Why is it that we expect people to forgive us readily but not forgive others? I have been guilty of this in the past and struggle to not do so now. I mean really, you say you are God-fearing and Christian but do not offer forgiveness. And worse, this is stuff that happened so long ago, people barely remember. How does that work into your brain as a transgression, which is unforgivable? You have been on vacations with us, dinner, used our help and our services, celebrated births and deaths and now decide that something that happened so long ago means you can no longer see me or my family? What the f*ck is that?

This is a family issue that has been going on for us almost a year, but the daughter's birthday party is tomorrow and we, of course, were not invited. Hurts, you know. She is my niece and my children have never even met her - sucks!

You know what else irritates me about that is that the rest of the family will go and not even ask where we are. Are they afraid similar could happen to them or simply don't care? I sure hope the former.

Ok, so dh said we will not contact them. Screw it. I sent them an email. May not read it but I sent it. Titled: forgiveness:

Col 3:12-13 (Jer) You are God's chosen race, his saints; he loves you, and you should be clothed in sincere compassion, in kindness and humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with one another; forgive each other as soon as a quarrel begins. The Lord has forgiven you; now you must do the same.

Eph 4:31-32 (Phi) Let there be no more bitter resentment or anger, no more shouting or slander, and let there be no bad feeling of any kind among you. Be kind to each other, be compassionate. Be as ready to forgive others as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.

May not help but can't get worse!

1 comment:

Kay said...

You know that I stand with you on this. Let me know if you need me to "smite" somebody. I haven't performed a good smiting in quite a while.