Tuesday, October 24, 2006

People with "Power"

WTF is it with people in "power" positions? Is there a code of conduct somewhere that says they HAVE to be assholes? Why would these people punish children solely to make a "point" to the parents? This happened to me a month or so ago regarding Sunday School. Now, it's happening again to some friends in regard to actual school. Ridiculous!

My out was easy. I just changed where I went to church, since I wasn't attached to the place anyway. Unfortunately for my other friends, there is a level of attachment and the decision to leave is not so easy.

Why can't adults just leave the kids out of it? WTF???

3 comments:

Mel said...

Huh? Someone has been punishing Jake to prove a point to you? That sounds messed up.

Kay said...

He got left out of Sunday School b/c they lost his form. I apparently made too much of a scene when expressing my dissatisfaction with the situation. By the time they agreed to let him in, I was so mad that I changed churches.

ShannonK said...

I am one of whom she speaks of - I took my Dd out of the school due to many many issues. A mutual friend did similar a few years ago. Friend and I both have kids Jake's age (Sam, is mine, Jake's BFF).

So, here is the story - principal told our friend to explore other avenues if she was interested in private school for her youngest kid. Her reason given - well you took the other out!

Ok, so look, she took her kid out b/c the school wouldn't help him with his dyslexia and accomodate him. Much better excuse than my list of grienvances. So, this tells me, they'd rather accept ANYONE than my youngest b/c me, the parent, made a decision for my older child who couldn't fit the mold they have in their school.

So, now what. I have dd in public school and may need to leave her there, but does that mean ds can't go to private... nope! I think we may try and apply for dd and see if she can get into the school down the road from where I work. If I can get her in, then Sam will be ok, based on the sibling rule.

Still, the I am so Christian but you can't go to our school - stupid!