Friday, September 08, 2006

I have no idea what to call this, but

Okay, since we're bitching about people with whom we work, let me get petty.

I work with a woman who once had a tracheotomy, so she has to take lots of deep breaths, especially when she's talking (a little bit like Darth Vader, according to a mean lawyer who doesn't work here anymore). Very sad. This apparently also gives her very bad breath. All sympathy, I am, but it's all completely discounted by one fact: She's a know-it-all and really, really likes to hear herself talk. She's recently started working with the paralegal who works on a lot of our cases, so she's gettin' in my bi'ness, KWIM? Not in a way that I can actually confront her about, just in a way that really bugs me (okay, yes, I'm territorial and like to do things my way--hmm, who's the bitch?).

Anyway, we have aisles all around our "desks" (cubicles really), and there is an express rule about not walking behind the desks, only in front. For some reason, she keeps traipsing behind me this week, and she's just not quiet, you know? And she always has to make some comment that bugs me, nothing obvious, could be as innocuous as "How are you doing?" But I can't stand it. I should just tell her to stop, but I want to keep the peace and, I guess, continue to boil inside.

I feel mean, but What the F*ck.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm picturing Ned from South Park...

Poor you. I feel for you, I really do.

I am plagued by a staff member who hails from a different culture. She doesn't know how to end a conversation. She will just stand there forever. Talking about nothing. Even, after "okay, well, let me get back to it" she will still be hanging outside my door.

UGH!

ShannonK said...

I think you can tell her to sep back to the appropriate side of the desk. Maybe offer her a breath mint, too!

Kay - that is a rough one!