Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tattle-tails

Tattle-tail # 1 - If you have a problem with something I have or haven't done, come to me. Don't email me & cc the department manager. I did not have anything to do with your problem.

Tattle-tail # 2 - if you cannot confirm I have neglected to do something & have not asked if I did it - don't tattle to the dept manager. I already performed the task, I just didn't tell you because you were not directly involved & you are always "drowning in work". I knew you did not need to know. Why are you always drowning? You don't mind your own business & tattle on me for something that I had already done.

Two tattles before 10am. hugh!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

OMG! I totally had someone like that at my last job. She would CC our department head on rude sounding, snide questions about my performance - and she was beneath me!! I was happy to leave that job though and she was even happier when she got mine. I hate people like that.

Kay said...

That used to happen to me all the time. GRRR. Now that I *am* the manager, I will not put up with it from my staff.

In fact, one of my staff talked about me in an email and did NOT copy me. I called her butt right in.

People suck. And people who try to make themselves look better by questioning other people with an audience are immature assholes.

ShannonK said...

I have been dealing with similar in my changing of positions within the company. My old manager, who used to talk great about me, now is tattling to my current boss.

My fav was when I was still under her and told her something (only her mind you) and she tattled to my soon to be boss' boss. Really, I personally feel it looked bad on her. If she as my current manager feels I need to be called out, she should have done so.

Needless to say, I have transitioned and it is slowly getting better. Suck b/c we were good friends before I told her I wanted to move over. I am now a custoemr of her department and that may be somewhat difficult for her.