Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Car Repair

I dropped my car off at the repair place last Monday to get a new roof. During a really bad storm a while back a huge branch fell on the van and did a lot of damage to the roof so I have to get it repaired. So I drop it off last Monday and they tell me they will need it for 8 days do I figure I'll have it back by Tuesday of next week. Of course we don't have the correct car insurance so they will pay (after deductible) for the repair but not a rental; whatever, I can handle not having a for a week, it's a pain but I can handle it. So I call today, Tuesday, to see when I pick up my car and guess what?!?! The guy says "oh I though Susie called you, the first roof we got was damaged so we had to order another one, I'm not sure when your van will be ready but you can call on Friday and I'll be able to nail it down for you."
WHAT?!?!?! FRIDAY??? So I'll be without the car for another week, which is a huge pain in the butt because I work during the day and go to school at night. And DH needs the car during the day because he travels for work. Not to mention picking up the kids at daycare etc.
So I call DH to tell him this and he says this is probably for the better because it is getting us ready to get the kids ready in the morning because school starts in a couple weeks. Yeah, better for him, HE HAS A CAR!
Deep breath in, deep breath out, ok I feel a little bit better now. Sorry for the book.
Traci

1 comment:

Kay said...

That sucks. We are opening a car business. We intend to call people when we say we will. You just *can't* get good service these days, it seems.