Monday, August 14, 2006

The problem with working with dumb people is that they don't know how stupid they are. Which means they have no ability to censor what comes out of their mouths and there is no little voice saying to them "Hold up, you sound like a frickin' idiot. You may not want to share THAT". Actually, this is not so much a problem as I usually take great enjoyment out of the stupid comments. But I'm a mean-spirited bitch sometimes.

The scene: LaMoron has offered to do a favour for a co-worker. You may remember LaMoron as the star of The Great Filing Disaster. From now on we will refer to her as MissionControl because, to be frank, that's what everyone calls her here and I'm too lazy to keep up with the LaMoron bit. So MissionControl offers to drive her co-worker to pick up her car at the mechanic. Trouble is, she needs directions on how to get there. Instead of asking her co-worker (and look like an idiot I guess) she asks her mother who, as it happens, also works here. Why is this, you may ask. Well, she needs special directions so that she doesn't have to make ANY left hand turns. Because she can't. HUH???

At this point, I am alternating between laughing so hard that I think I'll pee myself and wanting to vomit at the idea that she has a drivers license. Why, oh WHY would you let everyone hear this? Because now everyone in the office knows. Why not just mention it to your passenger when you're alone and try and come up with a solution. She needs a 10 second delay for when she talks so that someone can beep out all the stupidity.

I've come to learn that she can make left had turns, she just doesn't feel comfortable. Its clearly because she has no judgement about what is 'safe'. Case in point: I'M drving to work one morning when someone turns left in front of me and I came thisclose to hitting them. Guess who? Its not so funny when you're the one involved, but at the same time..................

I wish you could all meet her. Then we could all point and laugh.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Are there no left turn signals in Canada?

Donna said...

My aunt is afraid to take left turns as well. She avoids driving if at all possible, however. It's a bizarre quirk she picked up later in life. I think she's about 55 right now. Mental!