Friday, August 11, 2006

Men . . .. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Ok so my in-laws have been married for 31 years. They have had their issues, yes, but they have stuck together and always made it work. My dh and I looked up to their relationship and thought, if they can make it through all they have been through, we can! we were so encouraged by them.

They came out for a visit in june and my FIL asks joshua, "so, would you hate me if I left your mother?" Now, what freakin' kind of question is that to ask your son! I mean, come on!

Yeah, so he was thinking about leaving her. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! We had to act as if nothing was said, because inside we were praying he was just having a "moment" and it would pass . . . we it didnt.

he left her last sat. His reasoning . . . (well, some of them) she is not an 18 year old cheerleader anymore ( she looks great by the way) she is not as "hip" as he thinks she needs to be. He is in the music business in Nashville. He is turning 50 this year, and doesnt think he can "keep up with the jones' " gggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
i mean, there is more to the story, yes, however, she is the sweetest, most supportiave, down home wife i know. she has stuck by him through all his little "ideas" and never batted an eyelash "whatever makes him happy"

now, she says, "i'm fine, dont worry about me, just pray for your dad" still putting him before herself!!!!

he makes me so damn mad. he seems to think that everything will still be the same when we move back to TN. well no it wont. he says, well, i can live @ the studio, she can live at the apartment, and we can all still get together for family things. well, it is not going to be that easy! . . .

ok there is so much more, but my hand hurts . . . maybe i can write more later!
Lizzy

2 comments:

Kay said...

That sucks!

Donna said...

Lizzy, that's a drag. A guy I dated for many years had that happen to his parents. His mother had raised his six kids, with one still in grade school, when his dad decided to leave her for his secretary. Ouch! His poor mother never, ever worked outside the home, so she was pretty much penniless until the day she died. (That's why I will always hang onto my job, by the way.) I hope your FIL is just going through a crisis and will see the error in his ways.