Tuesday, August 22, 2006

WTF - Keeping "Dates"

Ok - so we make a plan with our neighbors to go to a kids' playcenter, since the kids are the same age. We pick a date, we pick a time. We show up. They never do. There is not even a phone call. So, with about 45 minutes left until the place closes, I bring my kid anyway. We're pretty much the only people there. Now, in a year or so when baby girl is old enough to also romp around, it won't be an issue. But, for now, I really hate that my son is always playing alone. He's social and makes friends with whatever kids are around, but still.....is it too much to ask that if you make a "date" with my child - that you keep it? WTF?

1 comment:

Donna said...

Kay, I have a neighbor who has done that to me twice. Some people just don't take their commitments seriously, and it drives me insane. I'm one who never backs out of a commitment unless it's absolutely necessary, so I'm particularly incensed when someone else does it to me, especially if it involves Kai. GRRR!